Otafest’s AMV Contest is open to everyone who wants to submit an AMV video into competition provided that it’s there own work and conforms to all the rules as listed below. You don not need to be present at the event to enter, but attendance is always encouraged when possible.
Please ensure to read all the rules carefully before submitting this year there have been some changes and additions made to the contest.
As the contest will be two hours in length, all accepted entries will be judged by a panel of judges to determine the finalists. All videos will be judged on the same set of criteria and the top judges’ choices will make up the finalists. Depending on the day and time the contest will be take place and total amount of accepted entries; all effort will be made to try to play all accepted non-finalist entries into the contest in the AMV Room at some point.
All entries must be in our hands by no later then Friday, April 19, 2013. If you have any questions on any of the rules or submission guidelines, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible
Good Luck and we look forward to more amazing videos!
Vlad G Pohnert
Otafest 2013 AMV Coordinator
- Up to a total of 8 Honorable Mentions will be awarded.
Judges’ Top Awards
- 1st Place (Best in Show), 2nd Place and 3rd Place
Audience Favorite Awards
- 1st Place (Best in Show), 2nd Place and 3rd Place
Both the Judges and Audience’s Best in Show will be considered the top awards. Ballots will be used to determine the Audience Favorite awards during the contest itself.
Honorable mentions will be listed on the title cards in the contest itself, while the judges and audience awards will be announced at the AMV contest awards block on Sunday in the AMV Room and/or closing ceremonies
Awards and prizes will be given out at the event, however If you are unable to attend the festival and you win something, you will be notified after the event by email. Your mailing address will then be requested so that any award and prizes may be sent to you.
- Previously released videos (as shown publicly at conventions, clubs and contests, or for download on the internet) must have been premiered after May 23, 2012 to qualify.
- Only two (2) entries will be accepted per individual or group.
- Any age or skill level can enter the Contest.
- All entries will be limited to a minimum length of thirty (30) seconds and a maximum length of six (6) minutes. Videos under thirty (30) seconds over six (6) minutes may be accepted at the AMV Contest Coordinator’s discretion.
- All entries submitted must be the works of the person or group as listed with the information required with each submission. If submitted entries are found to be the works of another creator (stolen or plagiarized), the videos will be disqualified and the entrant may be banned from participating and/or attending future Otafest events.
- This is a family festival and event. All entries are to be rated and any entries rated higher than the equivalent 14A or PG13 ( i.e. contain excessive nudity, graphic sexual content, graphic violence or excessive foul language) will not be accepted. Otafest will contact the entrant to inform them of this.
- As this is an AMV contest, all entries are required to have the majority of their content anime/animation based (includes all Japanese animation, video game and inspired animation based on anime content). Entries that may not meet this requirement may be accepted at the AMV Contest Coordinator’s discretion.
- Videos must use at least 70% of external music or songs (i.e., not part of the original audio track of the video source) with the exception of trailers that may be a combination of external dialogue and music.
- All entries must meet the requirements listed in the Technical Requirements section below.
- Otafest reserves the right to use any entry for display and promotional purposes. By submitting an entry to Otafest, it is assumed to be cleared for use by the entrant for this purpose.
- The AMV Contest Coordinator and Judges’ interpretation and implementation of the rules and contest winners are final. All judging methods and decisions are final. Otafest reserves the right not to show entries for any reason.
All videos are required to be in at least a resolution of 640 x 480 or higher and a frame rate of 23.97 or better (29.97 or better preferred). Audio shall be at a sampling rate of no lower then 44,100 Hz.
We will attempt to accept all media formats that we can play. Preferred in order of appearance are those encoded in mp4 (H.264), mpg2, mkv (H.264) and avi using HuffyUV, Lagrith or DviX, Xvid codecs. Otafest reserves the right to reject any entries that will not play properly or cannot be re-encoded to something acceptable.
File sizes of each entry will be restricted to a size no more than 1 GB.
If you have problems encoding your entry, please contact us at email@example.com to work out an acceptable solutions
HOW TO ENTER
All entries must be submitted online by the by E-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Real Name
- Studio Name (if Applicable)
- The sate and country you live in (so we can keep demographic statistics)
- Title of each video entered
- The name of the song followed by the name of the artist of each video entered
- Title of the video sources used (if More then 3, use “Various”) of each video entered
- If you plan on attending Otafest
- The method you will get your entry to us by (see below)
NOTE: E-mailing us the above information means you have read and accepted all the contest rules.
The methods to get your entry to us are a follows:
- FTP: If this method is selected, the information for the FTP site to upload to (url, user, PW) will be provided.
- LINK: Vides may be accepted via upload sites (i.e.: web links, Dropbox, Rapidshare, Sendspace, etc) so long as they do not need to be “signed up” to access. Links to streaming sites such as YouTube will not be accepted. When choosing this method, provide the URL link with your information.
Once we receive your entry(s) and have reviewed and tested them, we will send you an e-mail conformation.
If you’re unable to get us your entry in any of the above methods, please contact us at email@example.com to see if we ca work out an alternative method.