Media Pass Application
This form will open on June 11, 2013 at 7:00 PM MST until November 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM MST.
All press MUST register before November 16, 2013 or your application will not be considered
- This is an APPLICATION ONLY.
- After reviewing your application, our media team will confirm your approval status.
- If you have questions about your application please contact the Media team here.
Media Rules and Regulations
- Otafest reserves the right to refuse or remove media accreditation at any point before or during the event.
- All media must be registered and approved by providing proof of their employment with a media outlet or organization logo, title, and contact information.
- Media should apply for accreditation online prior to the event. Limited on-site applications will be reviewed and not guaranteed approval.
- Only the approved media personnel will be given a media pass and granted access into the event. Each personnel must provide proof of employment via a business card when you register on-site at the Registration Desk.
- The media pass allows access into Otafest Aurora and events where space permits. Reserved areas for media will be available for cameras, photographers, microphones, and reporters. Some areas will be equipped with media plugins. Present your media pass to volunteers managing these areas for access.
- A media pass does NOT allow early entry, entrance into VIP or ticketed areas, entrance into special events outside of Otafest Aurora, entrance to the gala, or entrance into the Green Room. Any special requests must be made in advance.
- "Drive-by" (unapproved) interviews with Media Guests are strictly FORBIDDEN. Impromptu on-site interviews must be approved through the Public Relations department, Photography, and Special Guest Relations Teams. Refusal to cooperate will result in eviction from Otafest Aurora.
- Permission must be obtained from Otafest for any videotaping, filming, or recording that will be used for commercial (non-media) purposes (such as, but not limited to, private documentaries). Please specify this in your media request.
- Camera crews are free to roam the convention, but can not set up equipment in a fixed manner without pre-approval.
- Photographers and camera operations must be AT LEAST 12 FEET (366 CM) AWAY from any Media Guest. You are required to stop filming/shooting if asked. Inquire with all Media Guests via the volunteers assisting them if you may photograph or film them first.