Thank you for coming to Otafest 2014!
We hope you're recovering well, most of the staff are waking up from their "Ota-coma" just now.
We couldn't be more proud of our community right now. 7,787 people came together to raise $13,500 for the Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society! Both of these numbers are groundbreaking, this year had the highest attendance numbers as well as the highest amount of money raised for charity in Otafest's history and it's all thanks to you.
If you missed the closing ceremonies, here's a recap of some of our winners:
- Best in Show - Izy C as Stitch (Lilo and Stitch)
- Fan Favourite - The One Piece Crew (One Piece)
- Best Performance - Kitara Projects
- Best Costume - John H as Horologium (Fairy Tail)
- Most Authentic - Hanna D and Jenn McD as Hungary and Austria (Hetalia)
- Director's Choice - Andrew N and Andrew W as Link and Gannondorf (Zelda)
Cosplay Showcase (click on names for photos!)
- Best Expert - Daina F as Bethany Hawke (Dragon Age 2)
- Best Journeyman - Jennifer P as Ice Drake (Shyuana)
- Best Novice - Dorothy T as Daedric Armour (Skyrim)
- Best Prop - Monique M as Gomamon & Gatomon (Digimon Adventure)
- Judge's Choice - Alison M as Kougyoku Ren (Magi: The Kingdom of Magic)
- Judge's Choice - Carly K as Cherlyn (Granado Espada)
- Judge's Choice - Jessica W as Cardcaptor Sakura (CCS)
- Judge's Choice - Sarah S & Stefan C as Winter & Summer Fauns (Original Character)
- YaYa's Choice - Izy C as Stitch (Lilo and Stitch)
Mr & Ms Otafest
- Mr.Otafest - Calvin B
- Ms.Otafest - Maria A
And of course, our charity punishment event:
We hope to see you at SAIT for Otafest Aurora on November 29, 2014!