Auction & Charity Auction
This form will open on April 28, 2014 at 10:00 AM until May 13, 2014 at 11:59 PM.
That time of the year has come again!
The traditional Otafest Auction and Charity Auction will happen this year in Science Theatres, Room ST145 on Sunday between 2:30PM to 5:30pm (or longer depending on what happens!). Don't forget to check the schedule and rooms for more information.
Since Otafest is growing so rapidly, make sure you review EVERYTHING! Starting here!
Otafest Auction & Charity Auction Guidelines
- Only a limited number of items will be accepted due to time restrictions. 50 items is the total maximum, items will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- There is a maximum of five (5) items per person! You can save the rest of the following year! (Who knows? You might score more antique/classical products!)
- Collectible material may be sold as one (1) item. For instance, 4 posters for $10 can be considered as one (1) item.
- If you would like the proceeds from your item to be donated to the Charity, please mention this in the submission form below.
- Please bring your items at Registration Desk on Sunday May 18, between 10:00am - noon. We will not accept late items! Please ensure your items arrive on time to be a part of the auction.
- Please label or tag each of your items before you bring them. We want to ensure that the money goes to its rightful owner! Labels and tags will still be available at the Registration Desk, but doing this at home will save time for both you and convention staff.
- Please keep in mind that Otafest is a family convention. Should any submission include explicit materials, please inform us beforehand, and include a warning on the labels of your items.
- In order to maintain an annual convention, Otafest will retain 10% of all proceeds. Owners of the respective material(s) sold will receive all else generated from the auction.
Please review the following and contact me if there are any uncertainties or questions. These are some new and some reminders. So read carefully! Your money's at stake here.
- Please fully complete the submission form. This is the information we will use to identify you.
- Make sure you bring PHOTO ID. We want to make sure the right person is getting the right amount of money.
- We are no longer allowing friends or families to pick up your proceeds on your behalf. Please make sure you leave a mailing address in case you aren't able to stay or end up going home early.
- We are no longer releasing your proceeds as cash. We will be issuing a check after Auction has ended. Please go the Registration Desk (where you dropped off your items in the morning), approximately 1 hour after the auction has ended to pick up your check. If no one comes to pick up the check by 8:00PM, we will mail the check to the address given.
Please keep in mind that because this is Otafest, we need to keep items anime, manga or Japanese culture related. if you are unsure about a particular item, please let me know in the box with your item's description. We will help you decide if it is appropriate or not.
The last day we will be accepting items for Otafest auction & charity auction will be May 13th. If you do not submit this form by that day, we will not be able accept your items, even if you bring them on the day of.