Otafest’s Cosplay Music Video Contest is open to everyone who wants to submit a CMV video into competition provided that it’s their own work and conforms to all the rules as listed below. You do not need to be present at the event to enter, but attendance is always encouraged when possible.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 26, 2015
All submissions will be judged by a panel of judges and winners determined before Otafest. Finalists and as many entrants as time allows will be shown at the CMV Block at Otafest 2015.
Judging will be based on creativity, editing, and camera skills.
If you have any questions on any of the rules or submission guidelines, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Good Luck and we look forward to your amazing videos!
- There are two awards:
- Best in Show.
- Runner Up.
Additional awards (Judge’s Choice, Audience Choice) may be given if a large number of entries are received.
Awards and prizes will be given out at the event, however if you are unable to attend the festival and you win, you will be notified after the event by email. You will then provide mailing address so that your award may be sent to you.
- Previously released videos (as shown publicly at conventions, clubs and contests, or for download or streaming on the internet) must have been premiered after January 1, 2014 to qualify..
- Only two (2) entries will be accepted per individual or group.
- All entries will be limited to a minimum length of one (1) minute and a maximum length of six (6) minutes.
- All entries submitted must be the works of the person or group as listed with the information required with each submission. If submitted entries are found to be the works of another creator (stolen or plagiarized), the videos will be disqualified and the entrant may be banned from participating and/or attending future Otafest events.
- This is a family friendly event. Videos that contain excessive nudity, graphic sexual content, illegal acts (i.e. harassment of any kind), graphic violence, or excessive foul language will not be accepted.
- Entries that use footage containing watermarks, studio logos, or graphic overlays may be disqualified. Exceptions may be granted if such usage is intentional and plainly necessary to the video’s concept.
- Entries that include any inextricable credits, bumpers, or slates will be disqualified. Brief and short credits at start and end of video may be accepted on a case-by-case basis. Otafest will create custom-designed titles.
- As this is a CMV contest, all entries are required to have the majority of their content focused on cosplayers. At least 50% of the video must be moving footage (i.e. slideshows will not be accepted) and shot by the entrant or the entrant was given permission to submit. Videos do not have to take place in a convention setting.
- Videos must use at least 70% of external music or songs (i.e., not part of the original audio track of the video source).
- All entries must meet the requirements listed in the Technical Requirements section below.
- You irrevocably grant Otafest and the CMV contest coordinators unconditional and eternal permission to use, copy, share, and exhibit your entry in any way including for purposes and usages outside of or unrelated to this event.
- The CMV Contest Coordinators and Judges’ interpretation and implementation of the rules and contest winners are final. All judging methods and decisions are final. Otafest reserves the right not to show entries for any reason.
All videos are required to be in at least a resolution of 640 x 480 and audio shall be at a sampling rate of no lower than 44,100 Hz.
We will attempt to accept all media formats that we can play (mp4 is preferred). Otafest reserves the right to reject any entries that will not play properly or cannot be re-encoded to something acceptable.
File sizes of each entry will be restricted to a size no more than 1 GB.
If you have problems encoding your entry, please contact us at email@example.com to work out acceptable solutions.
HOW TO ENTER
All entries must be submitted online by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Real Name,
- Studio Name (if Applicable),
- The state and country you live in (so we can keep demographic statistics),
- Title of each video entered,
- The name of the song followed by the name of the artist of each video entered,
- The location that the video was filmed (name of con if applicable & city),
- If you plan on attending Otafest, and
- The method by which you will get your entry to us (see below)
NOTE: E-mailing us the above information means you have read and accepted all the contest rules.
The methods to get your entry to us are as follows:
- FTP: If this method is selected, the information for the FTP site to upload to (url, user name, and password) will be provided.
- LINK: Videos may be accepted via upload sites (i.e.: web links, Dropbox, Rapidshare, Sendspaaace, etc) so long as they do not need to be "signed up" to access. When choosing this method, provide the URL link with your information. We will not download from streaming sites such as YouTube.
Once we receive your entry(s), have reviewed and tested them, we will send you an e-mail confirmation.
If you’re unable to get us your entry in any of the above methods, please contact us at email@example.com to see if we can work out an alternative method.