The contest will end on April 17, 2016 at 11:59 PM MST.
The annual Mascot Art Contest is back again for Otafest 2016. The theme this year is Angels. This theme is a throwback to the background of Persephone, Otafest’s mascot. Persephone’s look has changed greatly over the years, so you are welcome to draw inspiration from her history.
All entries will be published on the Otafest website. Some or possibly all entries will be published in the Otafest 2016 guidebook.
For more information on Persephone please click here.
If you are interested in entering our contest please read the information contained below, if you have any further questions please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contest and File Specifications
- All entries should feature Otafest’s main mascot, Persephone.
- Your entry should be without a background and should be a full body shot with no body parts cut off.
- Persephone can be depicted with or without her wings and scythe. Do not feel forced to add either of these features if they do not add to your composition.
- The files must be a high quality transparent PNG format (PNGs can only be done on RGB color format).
- Picture dimensions must be greater than 1000 x 1000 pixels. Maximum canvas size and orientation is strictly up the individual artist.
- All art mediums will be accepted so long as they are received as a transparent high quality PNG file. Since contest winners may be used for advertising and branding, digital art is preferred but not required.
- Your entry must be saved in the format Firstname_Lastname_Otafest_2016_Persephone_Contest.png.
- Up to two entries will be accepted per participant.
- Content must be appropriate for all ages as Otafest is a family friendly convention.
- Otafest staff members and members of the Otafest art team are NOT allowed to enter this contest.
- In an effort to better understand your design, Otafest will require a short rationale to be submitted with your entry (250 words maximum). This rationale should explain your artwork and help Otafest staff better judge your artwork by letting us know exactly what you wanted to portray. Should you win, this rationale may be published along with your entry in the guidebook, so please write formally.
- All entries must be submitted online on the form found on this page.
Deadlines and Grading
The official deadline for Otafest Aurora’s mascot contest is April 17, 2016 at 11:59 PM MST.
- Entries will be scored by a team of judges made up of Otafest staff. There will be a scoring rubric to make sure all scoring is as objective as possible.
- All winning entries will be contacted via email/phone, upon multiple failed contact attempts alternative winners will be selected.
There will be five winners, with a prize for first place, runner-up, and three honorable mentions.
- First place will win a V.I.P. pass, an Otafest 2016 T-shirt, an Otafest 2016 lanyard, and a $150 gift certificate to be redeemed in the Otafest Exhibitor Hall and/or for official Otafest merchandise.
- The runner-up will win one 3-Day general admission, an Otafest 2016 t-shirt, an Otafest 2016 lanyard, and a $100 gift certificate to be redeemed in the Otafest Exhibitor Hall room and/or for official Otafest merchandise.
- All three honorable mentions will win one 3-Day general admission, and a $50 gift certificate to be redeemed in the Otafest Exhibitor Hall and/or for official Otafest merchandise.
The Art Contest is now closed! Thank you for your entries!